Sunday 10 July 2011

Fabric Scrap Garland 1

Bunting and garlands are such a fun way to add festivity to a special celebration or to just add a bit of fun to a room in your home. There are just so many lovely ideas out there that I've decided to do a few different posts. Thought I'll start off with this one, which is so easy to do yourself, even if you're not good at sewing!






You can simply use a sewing machine to stitch random scraps of fabric (more or less rectangular) into a garland by stitching through the scraps and leaving some open spaces in between. What's great about this is that you can use fabric scraps and offcuts or go green and recycle some old clothes that you won't wear again, or other textiles from around the house. Or you may use fabric that holds some special memories for you ...

Don't own a sewing machine or intimidated by yours? Then you can create something similar by hand! Simply thread your fabric scraps onto embroidery thread with a needle. This will take a little longer, but it's an easy project to finish while watching your favourite tv programme!

Source: I don't know! If this photo belongs to you, please let me know the details. I would love to give you credit, but I can't remember where I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment